Below we list the types of data we collect here on stickemshop.com.
We’ve provided lots of detailed information on;
- when and why we collect your personal information
- how we use it
- the limited conditions on when and why we may share it with others
- and how we keep it secure.
This includes information about browsing and purchasing behaviour by people who access our website, their viewed pages, products purchased and the customer journey around our site.
When someone visits stickemshop.com a third-party service called Google Analytics is used to collect standard internet information and details a visitor’s behaviour pattern
An example of the data collected could be:
- where you click from (eg a social media link or search engine)
- how long you spent on our website
- what page of the website you we’re on when you left
There are lots of other data collected but this data helps us to better run our business and helps you by enabling your online ads to be about the things that interest you.
It’s also used to find out the number of visitors to different parts of the website.
Don’t worry, when we process this information it’s done in a way which identifies no one.
Google does NOT find out the identities of those visiting our website.
To clarify with an example, the supermarket manager doesn’t know who you are or what you look like, he just knows you bought eggs, bread and milk, paid on your card and didn’t scan a Clubcard.
Emails are sent from stickemshop.com for many reasons. Some are mandatory for you to be a StickEm customer; such as order update emails, design proofing etc.
However, we also have options that are optional to you; such as newsletters or one-off marketing campaigns.
As part of the registration process for newsletters or marketing campaigns, the personal information collected is:
- Your email address
- This is mandatory to add you to the email list.
- This allows us to use your name when we write to you, however, if you don’t want to give this information for sign-up, that’s fine too.
- Check Box:
- This confirms you are happy to receive the correspondence
- or that you’ve read the terms and conditions.
- or that you understand the terms mentioned next to the box.
Signing up to our communications will:
- Allow us to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about.
- Send you updates
- Invite you in on sales and coupons
- Remind you of things
- Contact you if we need to get/give information.
- Check our records are correct
- Give you behind-the-scenes antics and updates
- And to check every now and again you’re happy and satisfied.
We DO NOT rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses FULL STOP.
The third-party company we use for sending emails is MailChimp.
This platform allows us to gather statistics on email activity, such as how many subscribers open their email and how many clicks or purchases come from that email using industry-standard technology to help us understand and improve the newsletter.
For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
Or by emailing us, with the subject “UNSUBSCRIBE” and we’ll get a member of the team to action this request within 14 days.
Purchase and Account Data is kept until we manually delete it. The data we collect is:
- Active Accounts
- Active refers to users who logged in to the website withing 12 months.
- Inactive Accounts
- Inactivity refers to orders placed or logging in to your account.
- Pending Orders
- These are abandoned orders and/or unpaid by our customers.
- Failed Orders
- These are orders which have failed and are unpaid.
- Cancelled Orders
- These are either cancelled by us or the customer and are unpaid.
- Completed Orders
- Refers to successfully completed orders.
If you request for your personal data to be erased in line with GDPR all data will be erased EXCEPT the completed orders.
These will stay on file as guest orders.
This is because we need to keep this information for account/tax purposes.
If you ask to have your data removed these will stay, however, the details will become anonymous.
We adopt data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Aside from the aforementioned, the other third parties we will pass your personal information on to, or who can get access to your personal information are:
- Stripe – for processing your payments
- You pass this information on by paying for your item.
- Royal Mail* – for delivering your order
- We pass this information on when sending your parcels.
- SLS Creative – Website administration
*or equivalent courier company if we can’t use Royal Mail.
Last Updated 17/11/22